Originally published in GPS.OutTraveler.com
Ok, this is definitely a first. The Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, an airy tropical retreat in the lovely Caribbean island of Aruba, which offers guaranteed good weather and a year-round average daily temperature of 82 degrees Fahrenheit, is offering a free commitment ceremony to LGBT vistors that includes the following services:
- Romantic ceremony location
- Professional planning services
- Themed decorations
- One-tiered commitment cake
- Garden-fresh bridal bouquet and boutonnière
- Candlelight dinner for two
- Free bottle of champagne
- Free manicure
- Celebrity-style attention
- Special gift from the resort
The hotel’s gay-specific micro-site details its commitment to its LGBT guests.
The fine print: To take advantage of the free commitment ceremonies program, couples must book a minimum seven-night stay on the all-inclusive plan in a Superior Ocean Front Room at the Holiday Inn Resort Aruba. Fees apply for stays less than seven nights and the program is valid through December 31, 2011.