Spring is, well springing!
And all up and down the east coast of the U.S., snowbound urban gays and lesbians want to get their parties on. Here are five ways LGBT Philadelphians will celebrate the much desired end of winter.
- Philadelphia welcomes the first day of spring with the Pink Pub Crawl, an evening bar crawl that hits some of the Gayborhood’s liveliest spots, including Stir Lounge, ICandy, Woody’s and Voyeur. Those wearing pink can join the action for $25, with registration taking place at the first location only. March 26, 2011. 1705 Chancellor Street, (215) 833-4165, nightlifegay.com
- The best representative of the gay community wins during Mr. Gay Philadelphia, when celebrity judges size up the competition at Voyeur Nightclub. April 16, 2011. 1221 Saint James Street, (215) 833-4165, nightlifegay.com
- Philadelphia Black Gay Pride kicks off as part of a week of celebrations featuring entertainment and educational events throughout the city, including a pageant, a poetry slam, bowling and speed dating. April 24-May 1, 2011. phillyblackpride.org
- Equality Forum, a week-long event that celebrates the cultural and political participation of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, includes panels, parties and special events in collaboration with regional, national and international organizations. The festivities culminate with Sunday OUT!, a lively festival at the open-air Piazza at Schmidts. April 25-May 1, 2011. The Piazza, N. 2nd Street & Germantown Avenue, (215) 732-3378, equalityforum.com
- Donate to Action AIDS during the annual Dining Out for Life event. Participating restaurants around the city donate a percentage of each dinner bill to the local AIDS organization. April 28, 2011. actionaids.org, diningoutforlife.com
More gay-friendly Philly info.
Originally published in GPS.OutTraveler.com