By Paul VanDeCarr
It was a hotelier—Conrad Hilton—who emphasized the importance of “location, location, location” in real estate. The folks at the brand-spanking-new Edgewater Hotel (it opened up in February 2011) must have taken that injunction to heart, as they occupy a fantastic spot right across the street from Miami’s South Beach, at Ocean and 14th.
For a small extra charge, the “Spoil Me Plan” gets you beach chairs and towels, wireless service, and a continental breakfast and daily happy hour on the rooftop terrace. Those gatherings, as well as the attentive staff, give the Edgewater the personal feel of a boutique hotel, even as it has the hum of a mid-sized place. Barely a month old as of this writing, the Edgewater does not yet have a defined personality, but that’s sure to change as its amenities—including a hotel restaurant, planned for summer 2011—increase. In any case, there is that fabulous location. (The Edgewater is a member of the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association.)
- MIAMI: Out Guide
- EDGEWATER: http://www.edgewatersouthbeach.com
- PALACE: http://www.palacesouthbeach.com
- TWIST: http://www.twistsobe.com
- OTHER GAY BARS: http://www.sobegayinfo.com/nightlife.asp <http://www.sobegayinfo.com/nightlife.asp>
- PHOTO: Edgewater Hotel rooftop terrace. By Paul VanDeCarr.