Ptown — that amazing gay resort at the very tip of Cape Cod in Massachusetts — is definitely in season. July 4th through Labor Day is the most fun and most crowded time to visit.
Other times of the year are amazing but if you want the big crowds, this is when to go. Be sure to reserve at some of the new or newly improved restaurants we recently visited.
(Photo: Courtesy of Bistro at Crowne Pointe)
- Amazing views; lovely, romantic ambiance; fantastic menu; Red Inn continues to score the highest marks from the most discriminating diners. It’s not cheap but in Ptown as everywhere, you get what you pay for. This is great for a special night. Pop the question or just pop some champagne.
- Terrific food; great specials (we love the daily raw bar special from 3pm-5pm; and best of all surprisingly moderately priced, Victor’s makes a great choice for lunch, dinner or their fun brunches (on Sunday it’s a drag brunch — not you, the server; well, you can if you want since this is Ptown!)
- Inexpensive new Mexican place smack in the center of town; great maragaritas and really tasty cuisine.
- A very nice new place on Bradford. Worth the (short, short) walk. Elegant ambiance inside and out. And very refined cuisine. Also terrific for brunch especially if you can’t get reservations for dinner.
The Bistro Restaurant at Crowne Pointe
- We love this resort with its gorgeous rooms, impeccable spa and high levels of service, but if you are not staying here, check out the bistro. Delicious, inventive and warm are all words that come to mind.