The LGBT-friendly folks at VisitPhilly, the City of Brotherly Love’s official tourism organization, announced three new ways for lesbian and gay visitors to plan their Philly trips.
Rolling out up-to-date content on Foursquare Foodspotting and Pinterest, VisitPhilly directs visitors to the best spots to find great food, drinks and gifts among other like-minded visitors and locals.
Lots more information below the fold.
1. Foursquare Lists: These new curated guides give LGBT visitors the scoop on how to eat and drink their way through Philly:
Gayborhood Grub: Though small, the Gayborhood contains a burgeoning food scene full of delicious options. Readers will get the mouth-watering details about the prosciutto pizza at Terra and learn why the salted caramel budino at Barbuzzo is a must. https://foursquare.com/visitphilly/list/gayborhood-grub
- Gayborhood Bars: Philadelphia’s always-buzzing Gayborhood is home to many of the city’s LGBT bars and nightclubs. Is it a draft beer at Woody’s kind of night or a dance party at Voyeur type of evening? Readers can decide after reading this sure-to-be-popular guide. https://foursquare.com/visitphilly/list/gayborhood-bars
- Gay-owned Shops: Offering everything from eye-popping art and organic soaps to trendy housewares and statement jewels, the gay-owned stores of Philadelphia’s Gayborhood offer a special shopping experience. https://foursquare.com/visitphilly/list/gayowned-shops-in-the-gayborhood
2. Foodspotting Guides: GPTMC recently added a Gayborhood Grub guide to Foodspotting to help LGBT residents and visitors find and share good food in the city. A Foodpotting pioneer, GPTMC made Philadelphia the first destination to launch a major program on the social media site, and with 1,500 followers, the Visit Philly account surpasses all other destinations, including Ireland and Hawaii, and is on par with other branded pages such as Travel + Leisure. http://www.foodspotting.com/guides/4965-gayborhood-grub
3. Pinterest Boards: Pinterest is the newest online sensation, and again, GPTMC showed its social media savvy by getting Philadelphia on the site early. Through various boards-essentially, these pin boards act like the ones people use in their homes and offices, except they’re online-GPTMC highlights content from visitphilly.com/gay and other gay happenings throughout Philadelphia on the Visit Philly’s “Visit Gay Philly” board. http://pinterest.com/visitphilly/visit-gay-philly/.