ManAboutWorld correspondent David DiGiacomo has been to the White Party Palm Springs several times and brings us his top tips for enjoying this desert event celebrating its 25th anniversary.
This year’s White Party Palm Springs marks the 25th-anniversary since this legendary party began. This year it takes place April 25-28 2014. White Party Palm Springs was founded and is produced by Jeffrey Sanker who’s been dubbed “the high priest of gay parties.” The White Party started out with only 300 attendees in its first year and now anticipates hosting over 30,000 revelers from all over the world. Each year Sanker tries to introduce new and upcoming talent to perform at his events throughout the weekend. Such stars as Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, and Icona Pop have all performed at the White Party. I attended two years ago and decided it was time to revisit White Party Palm Springs this year. I have a few tips for those planning to attend the event.
- Eat at LULU 200 South Palm Danyon Dr. The food is excellent for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s also a great place to have a drink before heading out.
- East Arenas Rd hosts a slew of gay bars all within all within a few hundred feet of each other.
- Definitely check out Hunters Nightclub. If you arrive before the weekend it is packed with hot guys and has a great happy hour. I met a lot of people all gearing up for the weekend. I also stopped here before attending the official parties of the weekend. It’s walking distance to the official White Party venue.
- The weekend pass is a good option. It gets you into the most attended parties and saves you some money.
- The Underwear Party, White Party, and Tea Dance are a must. They are the best parties of the weekend. If you can’t make it to all the events these are the mandatory.
- The after party Saturday night/Sunday morning is also a good time if you can party until the early morning hours (usually till 9am).
- If you are going to skip any party event, I would skip the pool parties, especially Sunday. Most people are recovering from partying the previous night away. If you go, note the parties don’t usually get crowded until the last hour or so.
- Renaissance Hotel (the host hotel) is sold out. Hard Rock and Hilton are also offering special room rates for White Party attendees
- Another option is to stay at the gay guest houses in the warm sands area. You will need to cab to bars and parties but it’s a great place to meet new friends to party with. Most are clothing optional. See ManAboutWorld’s Palm Springs issue for a complete round up.
- There are also some super exclusive private parties going on if you are lucky enough to be invited. One in particular was the Manhunt pool party. Strictly invite only! Be friendly and dress to impress you may just get invited.
- Finally, It is Rumored that Rhianna will be performing this year! No conformation but Sanker posted a pic with Rhianna at her Birthday celebration saying “just wait until you see what surprises we have in store for you at White Party this year ;)” you decide.