Our very own ManAboutWorld Correspondent (and circuit party aficionado)David DiGiacomo provides the lay of the land for Matinee Las Vegas, scheduled for Memorial Day Weekend along with his top tips for maximizing your enjoyment.
Matinee Las Vegas will take place over Memorial Day weekend (May 23-26). The party brand Matinee was launched over 15 years ago in Ibiza. It has evolved internationally with lavish events including Circuit Festival Barcelona (August 6-17). Upon expanding the brand to North America, the founders asked Patrick Crough and Jake Resnicow to oversee and produce all parties in the USA and Canada.
The first Matinee event was held during Pride NYC on Governors Island. Matinee Las Vegas debuted in 2011. The weekend will feature eight events over four days and nights. The party starts out Friday 9 pm-5 am at Share nightclub. Friday event DJs are Taito Tikaro, Nina Flowers and Felipe Lira.
Saturday Morning roll outta bed and head over to the Rumor pool 11 am-6 pm to take a dip and dance to DJs Phil Romano and DJ Grind. You may want to take a nap and grab some food before heading over to Havana/Beach Club at Tropicana 9 pm-5 am (the main event) Lydia Sans, Hector Fonseca will be spinning as well as a surprise performer and the winner of the DJ contest.
No sleep just yet; head over to the after party at Share Nightclub 5 am-11 am and dance the morning away to Billy Lace and Sofonda. This is where it gets tricky for the non-pros. At some point sneak in a nap either before the after party or before heading back to the rumor pool for Leomeo and Luis Perez.
Sunday night (main event) held at the legendary Rain nightclub at Palms dance your butt off to Taito Tikaro, DJ Theresa and another surprise performer and DJ contest winner. Keep it going for the after party Monday morning 5 am-11 am DJ Cindel, Nina Flowers and Alan T will be keeping you up and twirling. Another rest before the sunset T-Dance especially to see DJ Nando, Felipe Lira and Justin Dawson. Hopefully you took off of work on Tueday! A few quick tips to maximize your weekend follow:
- Stay at Rumor, 455 East Harmon Ave (across from hard rock) . It’s the host hotel, where all the pool parties will be held and the price can’t be beat. We opted for a two-bedroom suite.
- Order the regular priced weekend pass and use the Code Rafferty for free upgrade to VIP passes (saves you $50). Make sure you forward your conformation code to firstname.lastname@example.org to be assured that you are upgraded. This code is brought to you by “time of your life.”
- Eat at Culinary Dropout across the street at Hard Rock Hotel. Sit on the outdoor patio. Its quick, good and close (the weekend will be rushed).
- If you have the time and have never been downtown/Fremont St. (Old Vegas) it’s worth checking out. Laser light show runs overhead every hour on the hour from dusk until midnight. Bonus: cheaper meals and gambling down there.
- Save 10% on your Delta flight by using code NMHYQ.
- Save 5% on American Airlines with promo code 5354DD
- If you can’t get into Rumor there are bungalow’s at Tropicana every room has a balcony, shuttle to Saturday pool party and matinee rate only $169 per night
- If you’re a DJ go to http://bitly.com/djcontest14 and follow the rules to enter the contest! Two winners get an all-expenses paid trip to Matinee Las Vegas as well as a chance to spin at one of the main events. One of the winners will be selected to perform at LifeBall Vienna.
- If you can’t make the event check me out on twitterhttps://twitter.com/wandering_pup and Instagramhttp://instagram.com/littleguyac where I will be posting pics and updates from the event.