Gay-friendly Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa has a special kinship with Kaui Hart Hemmings, author of The Descendants, which won recognition at the 84th Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences Awards in Hollywood last month.
In fact, the lovely Kaui spoke to a group of LGBT travel writers who visited this hotel property near both a gay beach and the famous gay bar Hulas two years ago about her book, then being circled around by George Clooney to possibly make into a movie. See our video interview with her here.
The Waikiki Marriott announced a fun “Dinner & Movie” package that includes a signed copy of her book. Here’s the complete package that begins at $209 per room, per night:
- Complimentary book, The Descendants autographed by Kaui Hart Hemmings
- Room accommodations – City View
- Welcome cocktails for two people upon arrival
- Dinner for two at Kuhio Beach Grill or room service
- One in-room movie
- Complimentary popcorn and soda for two for the in-room movie
Marriott offers a gay travel resource page here.
For reservations or more information, visit www.marriottwaikiki.com or call 1-800-721-6996 in the U.S. and ask for the Dinner & Movie package promotional code L9Z. Offer is valid till December 31, 2012. Blackout dates and restrictions apply.