Celebrating a decade of getting its history straight and nightlife gay (riffing off their groundbreaking LGBT advertising campaign), the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection is promoting a very gay summer (and early fall). Here’s a look at some of the most popular events to plan a weekend visit around. (Before you go, download our September 2012 issue.)
- Summer Pink Pub Crawl guides participants to some of the Gayborhood’s favorite watering holes beginning at Tavern on Camac then onto the Venture Inn, Tabu Sports Bar and finally Voyeur Nightclub. Those wearing pink can join the sipping for $25 while non-pink wearers can join the fun for $5 more at $30. July 13 pinkpubcrawl.com
- QFest welcomes independent LGBT filmmakers to town to screen dozens of movie premieres and attend other celebrity-studded events. July 11-22.qfest.com
- The Philadelphia Phillies welcome thousands of gay and lesbian fans to Citizens Bank Park each August for Gay Day. August 7. 1 Citizens Bank Way, (215) 463-6000, phillygaydays.com
- Gender Reel takes a look at transgender life during a special art and film festival featuring live music and special events. September 19-21. (215) 732-2220, genderreelfest.com
- Philadelphia celebrates National Coming Out Day with OutFest, a block party in the heart of the Gayborhood that’s made up of drag shows, games, bar crawls and shopping. Philadelphia’s celebration is the largest Coming Out Day street festival in the world. October 13.
(215) 875-9288, phillypride.org